Crispy grilled kebab of chickpeas, mint & raw mango, spiced with pepper, ajwain and black cardamom seeds, grilled crisp (Produces 40 patties, approximately 2 patties/person)
1 pc. Handi (heavy bottom pot) or Kadhai (wok)
1 pc. Hot plate or iron griddle
MISE EN PLACE:
- Wash and soak the chickpeas overnight or for at least 10 hours.
- Boil the chickpeas until soft and tender.
- Chop the garlic, ginger root, green chilli and raw mango.
- Pound the spices until coarse in texture.
- Put ghee in a handi or kadhai and heat it under moderate heat.
- Add the pounded spices to it and let it crackle. Add asafoetida, garlic and ginger and stir fry till light golden. Add green chillies along with turmeric powder. Stir fry.
- Add boiled chickpeas and mix all remaining ingredients. Stir fry.
- Check the seasoning. Let it cool down and blend the mixture in a food processor to a coarse yet binding consistency.
- Make round patties by forming a round shape of 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Grill them on moderately heated glazed hot plate till crisp on both sides by turning them over repeatedly.
Goes well with a spicy and tangy dip.